There is so much to think about when dressing windows before spending our hard-earned cash. If window curtains aren’t your option, shutters and blinds are there for you. They are both available in many styles making it harder for you to know which one is the best for you. You might be wondering whether to buy blinds or shutters. Keep reading this article to the end to understand the difference between the two and when to use them.
Both shutters and blinds are more expensive than curtains. They have a lot to offer than ordinary curtains. They are the best options if you want to make your home attractive and unique. They add an appealing beauty to your home.
Shutters are more expensive than both curtains and blinds. They provide more privacy, light, and air control than blinds. Here are some of the pros of installing shutters.
Advantages of using shutters
- They are long-lasting
- They require low maintenance
- They are child-safe since they have chains or cords
- They are available in a wide range of styles and materials
- They are excellent insulators
- They give you excellent light control
- They are attractive and will suit any home and window style
- They are hard-wearing
Disadvantages of shutters
- They are not easy to install
- They are unsuitable for window styles that can’t support heavy objects
- They are expensive compared to blinds and curtains
- They take more space than blinds and curtains
- They are not easy to clean
- They are negatively affected by water
They are cheap compared to shutters. Here are some of the reasons as to why you should install blinds
Advantages of using blinds
- They are cheap
- They are more attractive than curtains and shutters
- They are available in different styles, sizes, and colors
- You can pair them with other window coverings such as sheers and curtains
- They made from materials that can’t be affected by water.
- They let you control the amount of light coming in through the window
- They are easy to clean
Cons of using blinds
- They are durable, but they have a shorter lifespan compared to shutters
- They can’t totally block light
- They require more energy to keep them clean
- Their fabrics are affected by too much moisture
- They are recyclable and environmentally friendly
When choosing between shutters and blinds, here are some of the tips you should use.
- Type of window – If your window is round and unusually shaped, shutters will enhance the architectural beauty of your window. If your window is standard, blinds will make it look great.
- Which room? – The window dressing of your choice should depend on which room the window is. If you want to dress a window facing a busy street or a window that can be overlooked by neighbors, the elegant louvered shutters will do the best job for you. A moisture-resistant window treatment is the best in the kitchen and bathroom. Waterproof blinds and vinyl shutters are the best in the kitchen and bathroom.
Cost – Before choosing whether shutters or blinds, decide on your budget. Plan on how much you are willing and capable of spending on window dressing.